Wednesday, October 29, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS # 3 - Charitable Giving at a Charity Event

MORE KINDNESS

I love this post as done by Emily recently. I hope you find it as wonderful as I did when reading it.

"I was on the receiving end of a random act of kindness yesterday. I went to a charity raffle and a (very drunk) bloke at my table was looking at the list of prizes with me. He said he wanted the bottle of champagne, I said I rather fancied the silver necklace and earrings set. When the numbers were called, his got drawn fourth or fifth. Big drunken cheers all round! The champagne had already gone, and his prize, which they called out, was vouchers for a local restaurant. He went up to get it. When he came back he handed me a jewelery box. As the thing he'd wanted had gone, he'd asked them to swap his prize for the thing I wanted. This was from a virtual stranger who had no reason to do this other than to be gratuitously nice. I'm smiling."


Please keep them coming. I feel like doing something for someone anonymously today. Will look for opportunities to be of assistance and see if any present themselves.

Stumble Upon Toolbar