Friday, August 15, 2008

A SEMI-AUSPICIOUS START TO FRIDAY....

MORE KINDNESS COMING

Well, I woke up this morning, switched on the Blackberry, to find a lovely email/donation to SYBD. Honestly, I never tire of getting these, and you do not know how needed (and appreciated) these voluntary things are. Yes, I feel blessed...(at least momentarily!)

Got out of my bed and on to my desk by 9am and ended up having a rather friction-ridden Skype-discussion - which left me feeling less-than-happy. Sour even. Another opportunity to practice surrendering. Isn't that such a challenge when you come into contact with people whom you perceive to be displaying a "bad attitude"? Thank you universe for this lesson.

There is a quote I posted on So You've Been Dumped's forums some months back that says - I believe it's original origin is the Tao Te Ching or maybe just Wayne Dyer's interpretation of it in CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS CHANGE YOUR LIFE - "I fully trust that others do know what is best for themselves."

This may well be my most challenging lesson in life. I think it is for most people. We always assume we know what is best for people but do we? Maybe yes, maybe no.

WORK WORK WORK

So I do what I do best, throw myself into getting things done. Work is my saviour. I've been scouting about for a business partner/mentor/angel type person to join the ranks of Camp SYBD. I pray this person is out there. Someone with Web 2.0 (or eveb 3.0) savvy and some free time and spare capital!

I can guarantee SYBD is a fun place to work and it has bags of potential. Truly it does. When I last checked there were twenty-seven spin-off ideas for the brand. Don't even get me started about the traffic - which is awesome of late. You know this year alone we've had visitors from 165 countries. I bet there are top rated sites on the internet who don't even have coverage from that many countries!

Yes, heartbreak truly knows no boundaries!

I AM TOUCHED (AND WILL BE EVEN MORE LATER)

A little while later, after my disconcerting conversation, I was ranting, I mean chatting, to my best friend here, Nicola. Out of the blue she has just bought me a massage for today at 2:30. When she said that (over Skype) - I burst into tears. I guess I didn't realise how stressed I was! I think I've soaked up a lot of pain, anger, negativity and the like this week and it all just came out.

No doubt more will come out in this massage today. I can't wait. I could use some serenity...Anyway I do feel better now. So much so it's time to do this week's DUMP.

Check out my DUMP 100 blog to find out how my CHALLENGE (by Nicola actually) is going.





Stumble Upon Toolbar