Thursday, May 29, 2008

CALIFORNIA ALL THE WAY_

FEELS LIKE HOME

So here I am. I finally made it to California late Sunday night - so late that Taco Bell near me was shut which was rather disappointing. I know it's a bit lame to be disappointed by a fast food joint being shut - but it's just a little tradition I have with my dad - whenever I arrive home for a visit.

My dad likes to surprise me with something every single time I come home and this time was no exception. It was a re-spray on my 83 Honda Prelude. Looks brand new (on the outside anyway). Very cool. It's a little less embarrassing to drive around now!

A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

My first day was spent with my best bud Brian and all his pals at a POOL PARTY in San Jose. It was fantastic. I laughed so much. How great is it to laugh? I also spent much time talking to some very interesting guys. One guy Sean is off to ride the Trans-Siberian Express for more than a month this summer. How original is that?

NEARLY A FILM!

In the past day or so I've begun uploading the footage of some of the five interviews I've done here in the states. It's such an exciting time as the light is being shown at the end of the tunnel. I have about ten or twelve people to be considered for the film - but we'll only be able to use about half that many (if that). I, of course, have my 'favourites' but I'll bow to an editor's instincts on who has the most compelling stories.

THE STUDENT

Today I spent hours in the SUNNYVALE LIBRARY researching all kinds of cool things - from Zen to Dot Com valuations. There are DVDs, CDs, Books and so forth - all for FREE in this country. Why do they charge for such things in Glasgow I wonder?

Anyway I had a hug stack to check out by the time it was time to leave. So much so I could barely carry the bag to the car when I left the place.

I'll no doubt be spending much time there over the coming weeks. What a wonderful invention the public library is...Saves cluttering up the house with books you read once, and you're never too old to learn something.

THE PRESS

Well a further report from last Sunday's press. I've had a lot of messages, texts, emails and so forth from friends and former colleagues who saw it. One of my friend's mum thought I'd "jilted" him (my friend) once she read the article. The guy in question is one of my closest, long-standing Scottish friends, but we've never once had a date. Presumably, if we had been a couple these last six or seven years, I'd have met the mother in question?

This same guy reckoned the article was like opening a nut with a sledgehammer. I think he means it was "over the top" (which I would concede).

I didn't exactly send out a press release to inform the world that I'd met a lovely guy...sheesh. Gayle, the journalist, asked me and I answered...Not my fault it was a slow news day on Sunday :) Grant reckons that actual news should be in newspapers. I can't say that I blame either of them for their opinions. I was just happy I had some 'positive' press for a change, and my partner-in-crime loved it...so that makes me happy. So people are welcome to take the piss out of us for the puff piece in Sunday's press - we're not bothered. :)

What anyone thinks of me is none of my business. You know the quote, “Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one!”

DAD'S BDAY

Well it's my father's birthday this week so I think we're off to see INDIANA JONES (his type of movie not mine)...But Brian will come down and see it with us, I think so that will be fun.

Stumble Upon Toolbar