Saturday, February 23, 2008

I GO OUT ON FRIDAY NIGHT, I COME HOME ON SATURDAY MORNING

SPECIAL?

Who remembers that song by the SPECIALS track - which goes "I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning?" Anyone? Anyone?...Bueller? Ok maybe just me. It's a great track, despite the fact it's all about getting hammered...Still it's what's been spinning through my head today...because well it's what happened (not the getting pissed part, the part about going out on Friday night and coming home Saturday morning!) ;)

DON'T BREAK MY HEART (AGAIN)...

The KATE WALSH gig was a lovely little concert in a sweet, wee venue in Glasgow's West End called ORAN MOR. She sounded heavenly and am enjoying her tracks on MySpace while I type. Highlihgts for me were "Dont Break My Heart", "Fireworks" and you have to love "Your Song" by her - which I was amazed Nic didn't know....("he doesn't know just how far I would go just to kiss him...")

Last night, it has to be said, was helped that she was with me. We always have a good time out - no matter what. Do you have mates like that? It's cool isn't it? 'Could use a few more of them...But for a few hours we philosophised, we laughed, we swayed to the music and (generally) just had a good night. Wasn't only slightly marred by an "EX" (and replacement) spotting - so that just goes to show just how good of a night it was...! Ha.

...and hey, it got better as the night went on into the morning - but I am not at liberty to discuss on a public blog for privacy reasons (and because my dad reads this blog now and again). ;)

But I will say I love it when you have those nights where wonderful, spontaneous providence occurs and for a little while "all is right with the world". Today that zen-like state remains - if a little plagued by fatigue. (No complaints on that part...) ;)

NEARLY MARCH

How did that happen? The year's flashing by before my eyes. March is a lot of filming...I am excited to reconnect with old site members (now friends) and to meet new ones. We have a fun night out planned in London and I just can't wait. Another one in Glasgow mid month.

In both cases, I imagine much fun will be had, and more than a few beers will be downed (not by me of course but by my wonderful community members).

VETERAN MEMBERS

So the other night I had a wonderful chat with Josh. Josh used the site back in 2000 (or so) when his marriage broke down. He was eloquent even seeped in his pain and went on to publish a book of poetry. He's traveled the world and last year married again and has a gorgeous wee boy.

We had never spoken on the phone but it felt like we'd known each other for years. Hoping to meet Josh (and his family) in April when the UK ROAD TRIP commences. It's so great to see RESILIENCE up close like that. Amazing and inspiring. I like to witness the growth in others which is good because it's something I observe on a daily basis.

CURRENT MEMBERS

Yesterday's blog inspired a comment by Cookie in India where he poses the question:

"Any tips as to gaining an identity?"
Cookie is what my mother would refer to as an "Old Soul". A term to mean someone who is wise beyond their years. 18 goin on 40. There are a few of them on the site just now.

It's an excellent question, Cookie. I am not sure I am equipped to answer it in a worthy manner. But what I can do is tell you some thoughts in my head...

I think it takes TIME to become who you are. It takes the will to grow and learn from every experience - the pleasurable as well as the painful. It takes asking questions every day like "how do I really feel right now?" and "what can I learn from this expereince?" and "how can I best serve during my time on earth?" whatever it may be. The answers are different for all of us.

For now my role is "agent of change" - with the sole desire to live my best most productive life and in the course of doing so - hopefully INSPIRE others on their Path.

As regular readers of the blog (and site) will know, I have hundreds of quotes now - and many are about self-discovery...It's really all about that personal odyssey we are all on - at all times. We are all on the SAME PATH - we're just at different points on that Path.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

“Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, and teachers.” - RICHARD BACH


Well I could cite quotes for days to come...but in the most-simple of terms - RALPH WALDO EMERSON said "Live well, Learn plenty, Laugh often, Love much." and strive to live the GOLDEN RULE.

Love and Light, xx

Stumble Upon Toolbar