Sunday, January 27, 2008

NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH

FRIDAY...

What a brilliant, albeit low-key, weekend. Friday night G and I went to the pictures to see THE SAVAGES. It was a tough watch (close to home) but a good film none-the-less. Then we went to JACK MCPHEE'S for some Fish & Chips. Pricey but good. We rounded off the evening in Borders. Always good for a late evening browse...

SATURDAY

Kicked off the morning with some tastey waffles. Life doesn't get much better than a pancake (or waffle) breakfast at the weekend. Then, feeling guilty, I walked to the gym for a workout. As I type I am in agony. I think I over did.

Walked home and got ready for a night out in Bearsden. It was my friend Ian's 50TH. Had no idea if I'd know anyone there (apart from the birthday boy) but didn't stop me attending and having a ball. It was a great night out with (mostly good) music and superb cake (the same as at my birthday party!) I finally called it a day when Woolfy (below) played PHIL COLLINS followed by CHER. Ha ha. That spelled leaving time for Miss T.

SUNDAY

Well today has been super. Another jaunt to the gym for a swim and then on to the West End for some food and good chat. The best Sundays are always spent leisurely in Byre's Road...As I didn't finish my lunch, it doubled as my dinner too! Win/win.

Whilst on BYRES, we popped in to the book shop and I scored two books for 49p each. One of which was a book written by LANCE ARMSTRONG'S mom. Started reading it on the tube and was getting teary-eyed. I am such a sap. Not read much but seems OK so far. I just loved the other LANCE books I've read...especially IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BIKE.

WORDS

For weeks now I've been researching quotes for a book I am writing and came across a good one the other day from MAHALIA JACKSON:- "It's easy to be independent when you've got money, but to be independent when you haven't got a thing, that's the Lord's test."

Too right Miss Jackson...another one I love from SARAH BAN BREATHNACH:- "What you give to the world will be returned to you - maybe not all at once or in the way you expect it, but if you give your best, the very best will come back to you."

Tomorrow - it's another trip to the dentist. I am not amused...but using my father as a cautionary tale, I'll deal with another day of potential pain for a tooth that will last another 20 years...Wish me luck!

On that note, I'll close and go back to watching THE WEDDING CRASHERS. Not sure why I didn't like it all that much the first time 'round...but it's about the level of intensity I long for on a tired Sunday night.

Stumble Upon Toolbar