Wednesday, January 09, 2008

DOING SOMETHING WE DON'T WANT TO DO

Isn't it a bummer when we have to do something we don't want to do? One of those things you'd rather hide under the duvet....Well, I have to go to the DENTIST this afternoon. Dentists are about as much fun as break-ups -- especially when it's not just a 'check-up'.

Nope, today is the day. It's something I've been putting off for literally years - because it's a pricey one. 'Not as bad as my 1700 pound (3400 USD) implant, but a much-needed crown which will set me back a good few hundred (actually nearly 300 when you add on the hygenist too.) :(

Joy of joys - it's really something I'd rather do without, in January no less, but in a vain sort of way I am looking forward to it...You see, each time I smile big, indoors, for a snapshot - the flash ricochets off the current filling and it drives me mad...So for that reason, I am over-the-moon to get it sorted.

But yeah, I have to say, as much as I love my dentist, I am rather dreading this afternoon. I normally drive to Bearsden for my appointments, but today I feel like taking public transport, so it will be a tube and a train which will allow me to play some music and read my calming books right up until I am in the dreaded hot seat! Wish me luck! It won't be complete until the end of the month.

IN OTHER NEWS...

Dentist appointments aside, I am doing grand. Fighting fit. "Spreading the love vibrations, uh huh" to one and all. Are you feeling it? Hope so!

Kicked off the morning with the arrival of JOHN MAYER's CONTINUUM CD which I've been waiting on. He writes some fantastic break-up anthems..."Dreaming With a Broken Heart" and "In Repair" - among them. "I'm not together but I'm getting there..." - 'In Repair') Check it out.

'Was at the gym this morning meeting my (what do I call her? She's not a paid personal trainer but she's my rep) anyways Nicola, a Scottish Britney Spears lookalike (though she tells me I am the only one who's said that to her...I meant it as a compliment cos Brit Brit was cute)...I digress Nicola has assigned me some new exercises for my program. Many are for the ball - which I can do at home...which is good - as it's kinda cool to sit and watch a film and work out while doing so - you don't realise it quite so much.

But yeah, I am glad I got off my ass in October and joined a gym. It's made all the difference in the world to me. God bless those endolphins (joke).

NEARLY MIDNIGHT - AN UPDATE

Well, wouldn't ya know that the one time I decide to be 'good' and take public transport and it ends up being the journey from hell! Because of the terrible wind last night - many trains were canceled and west-bound trains weren't stopping at PARTICK - which meant taking a east-bound train to CHARING X and then getting another train to HYNDLAND and then another to BEARSDEN...blah blah blah,...

The upshot was all the stress about the journey meant I didn't have much time to stress about my actual appointment which was hellish as well....(Nearly 8 hours later and still in pain! INSERT SYMPATHY HERE!!) Oh well better to have a day of pain and a tooth for 20 or so years then to be like my dad and avoid dentists for 50 years and end up having no teeth at all. :)

So all's well that ends well. Time for sleep, peeps!

Stumble Upon Toolbar