Monday, December 24, 2007

WAKE ME UP WHEN IT'S OVER

Well another day has dawned. I just feel like crawling under the duvet and waking up on the 27th. I am tempted to switch off the phone and computer and just hide away. Not the most mature response to the pending holidays, I realise, but I just can't seem to summon up the courage to face it. (Cue Al Green's "Tired of Being Alone")

Christmas really is not a nice time to be on your own is it? Have you ever been alone on the holidays? Probably not...By and large, I am used to it by now - but that doesn't mean I actually like it.

It feels as though every one I know is surrounded by their loved ones - their kids, their parents, they're partners...Ha....Pardon me while I strike up my pity party for one! LOL. Whatever. I will survive. It's what I do! Ho hum.

Well at least I have plans this afternoon and on Boxing Day afternoon - so it's not all grim. "Must accentuate the positive, must accentuate the positive, must accentuate the positive..." and speaking of positives, I did get a rather hefty donation from one of the loveliest site members on SYBD - so perhaps I'll treat myself to a little someting on Boxing Day. Who knows?

Anyway - every day above ground is a good day. Mustn't lose sight of that fact.

Stumble Upon Toolbar