Thursday, November 29, 2007

A SWIFT UPDATE - IT'S LATE

Well, I’ve been a bit remiss about keeping up with the blog of late. This is largely due to the fact that I’ve been in California for a week or so and any spare time writing anything has been spent writing the novel for NaNoWriMo.

This year doing Nano has been much harder than two years ago. I guess because last time I was basing my story much more on my own life and this time each character has shades of me (or people I’ve dated) in them. Plus I didn't have a plan before I started (as ever!)

For those who are following that progress I am down to the final five or six thousand words but I am struggling. Not sure I'll manage to finish it in the next two days. Wish me luck...

SUNNY DAYS!

California has been unseasonably warm for this time of year. I’ve managed to spend and hour a day at the pool. I won’t say I’ve got a tan but I am certainly less blue than I was when I got here.

NATIONAL PRESS

I woke up to a text from my wonderful friend Carol Erskine – who informed me that I’ve had press in the UK national newspaper – The METRO. For those not in the UK – the Metro is read by commuters – on trains, tubes and buses. It has a massive circulation so I was very pleased (more or less) by the coverage.

REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD

I’ve been merrily reconnecting with people from my past. I love how people always weave in and out of my life at the best of times but this past month's been even more surreal.

This week alone - I’ve met up with people I’d not seen in more than 20 years. How awesome is that?

Both are gorgeous people from my high school.

One my good friend Joni – who graduated with me and another Paul who was a few years younger but lived across the road. I love re-connecting with friends. What an awesome week this has been! Another friend from junior high got in touch a week or two ago as well. Spooky. Comes in threes I guess...

SPEAKING OF FRIENDS...

And last night was spent with my best buddy Brian and our friend Dane. I treated the guys to a fantastic meal at PF CHANGS. It was amazing food. We totally pigged out :) - it was an absolute blast!

SHOP TIL YOU DROP

I've done my usual RETAIL THERAPY thang here - picking up a new digital camera, a spare battery for my MAC, pink boxing gloves, a pilates ball, a pedometer (which I use every day) and today's massive expense was another pair of rather over priced MBTs.

Going to need all that fitness stuff - given how much weight I've put on in just a week of being here!

Must close...Need sleep.

Stumble Upon Toolbar