Sunday, November 04, 2007

A DARK NIGHT

KICKING SOME ASS!

So I've been thinking I'd quite like to take up some boxing or kick boxing so I've been researching the gloves online. I quite like these. Dad's on the case to see if he can get them from our friend Jerry who runs a sporting goods store in San Jose called Fontanettis. Been a while since I've been to the batting cages there - which is a shame because I love to go there! Maybe next trip home.

ANOTHER WEEKEND COME AND GONE

'Been a great weekend. 'Had a cool gig at the ABC with my friend Tess who I've not seen in ages. We went for some drinks at a nearby pub after and had some thought-provoking discussions on men, love, sex, and even how rivers keep flowing!

Then, yesterday was spent writing and writing and yes, more writing for NANOWRIMO.

Today was two hours in the gym before a quick dash home and then off to meet the girls at the TRAMWAY theatre for the afternoon so no writing took place until this evening.

See this past week - I swear I feel like a NEW WOMAN which is awesome...particularly as it's the week we changed our clocks and the fact that I chose then to join a gym and take part in novel writing month!! Well, it's a pretty good way to fill my time as the nights draw in so early here.

TOGETHER APART?

Just went to log into my HOTMAIL account - (something I don't do all that often) and came across a great article about a married couple who live apart. As weird as it sounds, that's always been my ideal for a marriage. I know when I was married - we fought like cats and dogs...due to living on top of one another (so to speak)!

He'd leave the jam jar sitting on the counter with the top off, and I'd put the toilet paper on backwards. We'd fight. He'd want to play the POLICE all the time and I preferred anyone but! Again, we'd fight. What's that phrase, familiarity breeds contempt? Well that's what my dad always said about it...

Let's face it, it's hard to live together (or at least it can be). Well obviously many folks out there don't find it so - but I generally did. I like my space. I like my remote control. I like to take up the whole bed. I love that all the food in my the fridge is food I like. I love that the mess is all mine! I don't need to pick up after anyone else! I love to live alone - which is good because I've done it for eight years and that doesn't seem likely to change any time soon. I reckon it would take a pretty amazing man to make me want to give up my solo homelife...Better to find a guy like in the article who shares my joy of independent living... ;)

CALIFORNICATION

I tried watching the new Showtime series CALIFORNICATION and I just couldn't really get into it. I loved the concept...a guy getting lots of sex and who writes a blog (a man after my own heart) but it was just not quite hitting the mark for me, but then last night they played all the episodes again and I have to say, I am warming to this steamy series. You can tell it's a cable series, not unlike HBO's Sex and the City...due to the sheer raunchiness of it all. Speaking of raunchy, I also find myself a little partial to the SECRET DIARY OF A CALL GIRL too.

That is one job I'd never want...Because let's face it just about EVERY job you do becomes a little bit like, well, a job eventually and I like sex far too much to want to get bored of it! At least she has the benefit of variety in her work though, so I guess that's something :)

LONDON XMAS PARTY

Ahem, moving swiftly along...

Well, the annual SYBD XMAS party is in the making for early in December. The venue is still to be confirmed, but I am really looking forward to meeting some more people and filming the event (for the movie) as well. Plus we're going to have a SECRET SANTA and swap presents which will be fun too. There's info about it here - if you're a benefactor that is. If not, feel free to make a donation :)

...And speaking of which, I have to say, I've had some lovely donations the past few weeks. I feel very blessed - so much so - that I might just treat myself to those boxing gloves later. Or maybe a RABBIT(LOL) at LOVE HONEY! I'd forgotten I was an affiliate of theirs - which means I need to update some links in time for the holidays...Not sure how many people will be purchasing sex toys for Xmas but it's worth a shot eh?

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO

Hands up who's been watching HEROES season 2? I don't mind it - apart from Hiro's story line which is just crap if you asked me. Not only that, but I had no idea that the orient look so much like the hills of California. Give me a break. Everytime it goes to "Japan" - I cringe. They would have been more effective shooting in the San Francisco Japanese Tea Garden or something. It would seem a whole lot more realistic than wherever they're shooting. It looks like Malibu Canyon or something stupid. Sheesh.

FIREWORKS

Well since I was driving across America last year - I'd forgotten how noisey October and November can be thanks to that rebel Guy Fawkes. It's most annoying as you're trying to write, or watch a film and all you hear is bang, bang, bang. It's like Beiruit here, man.

Roll on December...

WORDS, WORDS AND MORE WORDS...

Anyway, as I said earlier, the novel is coming along grand...Well in terms of quantity but not quality. I've already managed to be a day ahead of schedule - which I think is pretty good.

Best of all, I actually feel more creative than I have done in months! I have felt as though I've been stagnating but it's as if the doors of my mind are re-opening.

I have to believe that's the effect of being disciplined and writing each day for NANOWRIMO...considering I have no idea what I am gonna write next. I literally just keep typing...I have no idea where young Miss Josie is going to wind up but you can be she's gonna meet a great guy and have her Hollywood ending.

Least one of us will.

Stumble Upon Toolbar