Sunday, October 07, 2007

SO NOT OVER YOU

My buddy Alana just wrote me this morning about her song that SIMPLY RED has covered. It's a break-up anthem if ever there was one. (See the video below). I know it's not cool to admit but I liked SIMPLY RED. Met the boys back in 87 when I worked at Tower Records in Mountain View and they came to do an in-store for us. Even played football with them out back. No small feat, as I was wearing my trendy white pumps at the time (yes really) ;) Aww the 80s, God love 'em.

After regaling me with an amazing breakup story of her own, Alana says: "I forgot to tell you the video on my page is one of the songs that we wrote in the girlband and Simply Red bought it and changed it around a little. I thought maybe you should have a listen, because it might work in one of your projects; a bit slow maybe, but I'm sure you will be able to relate to it, hehe. PS our version was better and a littlemore fun xxx"

Now, I really want to hear the original version...! I am always on the look-out for good break up anthems for the SYBD film and soundtrack. So keep them coming peeps.



Stumble Upon Toolbar