Tuesday, October 16, 2007

SAYING GOODBYE

Well just a short update to say that I have survived the past week and the journey south. Ended up driving 420 miles yesterday and collapsing at Cambridgeshire.

Got up and made my way to the funeral in Norfolk. It was a coldish, wet and miserable day today - which somehow seemed fitting. The service was lovely, and several dozen people filled the gorgeous church - Rocklands St. Peter. Don't think I was the only one shedding tears throughout its entirety. I did find it rather apt that the skies cleared just long enough for them to lower the coffin into the ground.

After the service we moved en masse to a nearby pub - the White Hart in Rocklands. I'd actually had a spot of lunch before the funeral there, so it was my second visit in one day. It's a hidden gem that only the locals must know of its whereabouts. It also helps that I think it's the ONLY eating establishment IN Rocklands!

A highlight of the day was re-connecting with my friend Paul and meeting his little one called Fletcher. That wee boy stole the day with his cheeky grin and joi de vivre. As soon as my camera was out - he turned on the charm. Bless his cotton sox.

After some refreshments - it was time to get on the road once more - southbound toward London. Have arrived at my destination - having done another 170 miles today. To say I am well and truly spent would be an understatement.

Alas it's back to the 'real' (ish) world tomorrow with more meetings in London about the SYBD film. I welcome the return to normalcy. Now that today is over I can leave mourning and regain the land of the living and celebrating life. It's how she'd want it. Of that, I am certain.

Carpe Diem my friends, Carpe Diem.


Stumble Upon Toolbar