Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day, May Day

High Time for an update isn't it?

STEF SCORES @ TRIBECA
Well I have finally just heard from Producer man Stef who's just returned from the Tribeca Film Festival - where IndieWire reports this:

"Days after its North American premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival, Paul Taylor's documentary "We Are Together" (Thina Simunye) has been acquired in a UK distribution deal with EMI that includes a theatrical, DVD and soundtrack release. The new film about the Children of Agape choir from South Africa, has stirred Tribeca festival audiences, as indieWIRE reported earlier today, drawing musicians Bono and Alicia Keys to a recent fest screening and party. A Rise Films production in association with The Channel 4 British Documentary Foundation and HBO Documentary Films, "We Are Together"'s deal was brokered by Annie Roney of ro*co films international and Teddy Leifer of Rise Films with Stefan Demetriou representing EMI Music UK. "'We Are Together' (Thina Simunye) is not only a powerful, important and uplifting film, but it also reminds us of the significance of music in all our lives," said Demetriou in a statement. "We are extremely proud to be involved with this film. Everytime the film screens in a theatre, the atmosphere is incredible. The premiere at Tribeca on Thursday evening was particularly special, and we knew then we had to be a part of this wonderful film." [Eugene Hernandez


Stef assures me he "talked a lot about the So You've Been Dumped film too" so I guess I'll just have to trust him on that score.

SKIVING FROM SYBD
Meanwhile back in Sunny Glasgow I've been easily led astray by an actual full-fledged documentary film maker called David. Time that should have been spent working on my film has actually been spent wandering through the parks of Glasgow, soaking up some sun, sitting in the local coffee shop or watching movies - shame on me.

Oh well all work and no play would make Miss Thea a very boring girl, right?

PAOLO PAOLO
As I was walking back from seeing This is England at the cinema last night - the phone rang and it was John Dingwall asking if I fancied seeing Paolo Nutini at the Carling Academy - to which of course I did. So off we went to that. Let me tell you it was his best show I've seen thus far (have seen him a number of times to date). He has some stellar break-up anthems - like "Rewind" and "Last Request". Course you can't help bopping along to "Jenny Don't Be Hasty" and "These Streets". So that was a great night out.

SEEING DOUBLE
Last Saturday night - I went out with two SYBD site members - both the same age and name, both Scottish, both with two grown children, both pissed as farts by the end of the night. They were a riot and, I think it has been decided, kindred spirits too. Nice to see SYBD bringing people together rather than just dealing with having been broken apart! The two women treated me to an amazing meal at the Living Room. I felt totally blessed.

CATCHING UP WITH THE Q-CREW
A week ago, I had a reunion with my wonderful, amazing colleagues from Q96 - David Hammond, Brian (Woolfy) Woolfson, Paul Carlin, Paul McLoone and Carole Erskine and I all got together at ALL BAR ONE, and then the LIVING ROOM, and finally some random place in the MERCHANT CITY. We had the best time but it didn't half make me miss them more and my job too. I am still mourning that loss, I tell ya.

SPRING IS IN THE AIR
I don't know why, but for some reason I've just become busier than I've been in the last four months. I guess it must have something to do with Spring or something. It feels great to be out and meeting new people and having FUN! It's the way life should be...not sat here in front of a PC.

HIP HIP HOORAY FOR HEROES!
Has anyone been watching Heroes out there? I swear I am addicted. I get that from my dad...a big H fan. Last night was a cracker of an eposide. It just keeps getting better and better!

Well I've a DVD to post to Stef and better get going so I can make the last post for today...

Stumble Upon Toolbar