Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Just Like the Son

Well I just logged onto my MySpace page and a cute road sign (logo) caught my eye.

As my own logo is a road sign, I liked this one for "Just Like the Son". It's a movie currently being highlighted on the Space. It looks great. Nicely shot. Won some awards...

Meanwhile, I've rather started to have my own panic attacks about SYBD - the movie. I will admit to writing a slightly insecure email to the film's producer, Stefan, yesterday. Not sure if I have some random "abandonment" issues (having lost friends at critical times in the past) or if it's just the "fear of the unknown". I don't know what I am doing here in this documentary relm - but I am attempting to ignore that pesky obstacle and heading forward just the same.

Stefan did his best to alleviate my worries, (for the moment anyway). I hate being that needy, self-doubting chick, so I just have to squash her when she rears her ugly head and simply "keep on keeping on".

Yesterday I revisted footage from what I call "the longest day" (Cue: Matchbox Twenty's "Long Day"). That was the day I drove from San Antonio Texas to Las Cruces New Mexico. It was a day when I didn't even think I'd make it to El Paso. (Total Est. Distance: 552.2 Miles). No I have to say I actually drove half an hour from Jen's to horse back ride - so that has to be added on to the totals. And I didn't leave until noonish. So I approached the challenge like a marathon runner approaches a run, or Lance Armstrong faces the Tour De France. (Still reading Lance's "Every Second Counts" and loving it)...

I got to El Paso around nine o'clock that day, ate and got back on the road and drove MORE! There was just something in me that said "Thea you need to get the f**k out of Texas" - it was a psychological thing. So that was why I got back in the car at 9:30 and drove onto New Mexico. So I could wake up in a different state.

San Antonio - Las Cruces = Total Est. Distance: 597.3 Miles

Youch....You have to remember I was five weeks on the road, and a whole week in Texas alone...giving truth to the fact that Texas is the biggest of the lower 48 states.

Anyway so before I'd even left the UK for the road trip, I'd been almost dreading this day...but I not only survived it, I rose to the challenge and went above and beyond my own expectations. It was a great sense of achievement that day...To give you a different idea, for you in the UK, it's like driving from Glasgow to Brussels (or Inverness to Devon) - by yourself...only driving on Highway 10 through Edward's Plateau - there is nothing on the roads at all...apart from the odd, large, road kill...

So yesterday was kinda fun revisiting the horseback riding (Jenn is no Martin Scorcese, she's fully lived up to my billing of "The Blair Witch Meets Break-ups" *shake shake shake* ha ha, to be fair she was holding a 2 month old baby while filming me!), the long drive, the beautiful sunset and so forth.

So for today I'll be vicariously driving from Las Cruces, NM to Tucson and on to Phoenix, AZ (to meet up with best friend Brian)...Oh the fun we had in Phoenix!

I loved San Antonio. In fact I loved Tucson. Both places I'd never actually envisaged ever seeing or wanting to see. Sometimes life can surprise you...

Looking at the footage is making me want to do the trip again. I so long for the open roads, good tunes, a few cameras...but for now, I have to do it from the comfort of my sofa...

Anyway maybe one of these days, I'll get the trailer knocked up for you to view. How's that sound?

Until next time...

Stumble Upon Toolbar