Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St Paddy's Day - are you wearing green?


Happy St Patrick's Day!

Are you wearing green? When I was young we always had to wear something green because if you didn't, you got pinched. I am not sure where that rule ever came about – none of the Irish folk I've met had a Scooby what I was on about when I said as much. But just in case, I've got a green Dukes of Hazzard shirt on…

Last night around half past five I got a call from BBC Radio Scotland's top dog and all around good guy Jeff Zincinski. He claims he finally has found a producer for my Road Trip documentary (shhhh, I'll believe it when I see it...) :)

I said, "I hope I can put together something good for you" and he affirms I will, but between you and me, I'm a little nervous...This whole "documentary" genre is not in my comfort zone so I am a little plagued by self-doubt. So watch this space and wish me luck. If you pray, pray for me ok? Thanks...

I've sent off 15 movie rough cuts to my (fab) producer Stefan. All being well he'll be reviewing them at this very moment. It's been so cool reviewing the footage and taking the trip all over again. I also sent him 2 CDs of Break Up Anthems - Mars mixes (meaning all guys)...One is a Mellow Mars Mix of more melancholy numbers and the other Rocky Mars Mix of, yes, you guessed it, more upbeat tracks.

The worst part about the SYBD movie is imagining how the footage will look on screen. Truth me told, it's not looking brilliant on my MacBook…so I do fear it won't be good enough quality to be on screen. Time will tell.

While uploading earlier, I watched a THS (True Hollywood Story for you non-E! viewers) on Colin Farrell (well it is St Paddy's Day)…it was so interesting. Seriously, I learned a lot from watching it and I find the guy compelling (not just because he's pretty hot).

I like that he doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of him. I am a bit like that myself (most days). I manage to piss people off and hurt people all the time. In fact I lost yet another friend this week…but thankfully as I weigh up my friends list, I note I've made good new friends over the past few years who've taken the place of the ones who've chose to leave my life or who have been dumped. The universe is always balanced but deep down, I never like losing friends. I even miss one or two. In fact I miss one friend more than both my long-term exes combined.

So they just had Gerard Butler on E! at the premier in London for the 300. Now I love Gerard. He's one Scot I'd like a date with (well who wouldn't - he's 6+ foot, ripped and hey he's t-total or at least he was). He is my dream guy to be sure but you couldn't pay me to watch that friggin' film. It looks awful. Sorry Ger, I'll pass,..that hot six-pack is not enough to lure me into the cinema. No way jose.

Regina Spector is finally starting to break through into the mainstream. I played her nearly a year ago on Q'd In…Why don't I have a job on radio?

I've been continuing on my quest to compile the best break up anthems. As I climbed into bed (at half two in the morning) I was making an angry chick playlist in my head. You know - Fiona Apple, Alanis, Dido et al.

SYBD projects are truly taking up all my mental capacity at the moment which is good. Better than mind-fecking about what's not-quite-right in my life eh?

Just watching the howling wind and rain out my window. Mental. I love watching that sort of weather from the comfort of my cosy lounge anyway...

Welp I gotta call Tracy...more soon.

Currently reading: "Every Second Counts" by Lance Armstrong

Currently watching: The Daily 10 on E!

Currently uploading: Tape 18 Austin.

Stumble Upon Toolbar